Last Revised 7th November 2016
FinchVPN does NOT throttle, rate-limit, monitor, record, or store the content of a customer's Internet activities. We do not store web traffic data, including websites visited, files downloaded, etc.
This Policy applies to all of the products and services offered by FinchVPN or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide - As an end user, we generally do not require you to provide any information. However, you may still supply us with information such as email. If you register for an account with us, we may ask you for personal information such as name or contact details. Personal information will never be disclosed to any entity beside FinchVPN itself.
- What data we collect: When you register we will collect your username, email address, password (encrypted) and IP address.
- Why we need this data: We will need your username and password in order to provide you with access to the web based control panel and to our downloadable VPN software and configuration. We will need your email address in case you forget your password or wish to receive email newsletters. Your IP address is logged by us so that we can prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our Site and our services.
- How we use this data: we use this data to provide our services to you, prevention of fraud and abuse.
- VPN service
- What data we collect: We will store a time stamp, traffic amount and user id when you connect and disconnect to our VPN service. We do not store details of, or monitor, the websites you connect to when using our VPN service.
- Why we need this data: We do this so that we can monitor the performance of our Site, for example it enables us to sort server nodes by the amount of Users connected, to limit your account to one concurrent IP address per VPN connection (to prevent shared accounts), resource analytics (to carry out usage analysis for administrative purposes) and to prevent abuse.
- Cookies - FinchVPN use "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server.
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that
issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our products and services that depend on cookies.
- Log information - FinchVPN does NOT throttle, rate-limit, monitor, record, or store the content of a customer's Internet activities. We do not store web traffic data, including websites visited, files downloaded, etc.
We will however record the following data :
- Time, date and location vpn connection was made
- Bandwidth used during the connection
2. Information Sharing
- FinchVPN processes personal information strictly within our servers located in multiple region over the world.
- We do not sell, trade nor rent your personal information any other entity beside FinchVPN regardless the condition.
FinchVPN will only shares personal information on our server with other companies or individuals outside
of FinchVPN in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request WITH proper legal decument provided;
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
3. Data Integrity
FinchVPN processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
4. Changes To This Policy